> On 23 May 2022, at 20:40, Brian Hulette <bhule...@google.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah I'm not sure of any simple way to do this. I wonder if it's worth
> considering building some Spark runner-specific feature around this, or at
> least packaging up Robert's proposed solution?

I’m not sure that a runner specific feature is a good way to do this since the
other runners won’t be able to support it or I’m missing something?

> There could be other interesting integrations in this space too, e.g. using
> Spark RDDs as a cache for Interactive Beam.

Another option could be to add something like SparkIO (or FlinkIO/whatever) to
read/write data from/to Spark data structures for such cases (Spark schema to
Beam schema convention also could be supported). And dreaming a bit more, for
those who need to have a mixed pipeline (e.g. Spark + Beam) such connectors
could support the push-downs of pure Spark pipelines and then use the result
downstream in Beam.

—
Alexey