Additionally to what Moritz said, I just wanted to give an example of using
JdbcIO.PoolableDataSourceProvider taken from JdbcIO Javadoc:

To customize the building of the DataSource we can provide a
SerializableFunction. For example if you need to provide a PoolingDataSource
from an existing JdbcIO.DataSourceConfiguration: you can use a
JdbcIO.PoolableDataSourceProvider:

 pipeline.apply(JdbcIO.<KV<Integer, String>>read()
   .withDataSourceProviderFn(JdbcIO.PoolableDataSourceProvider.of(
       JdbcIO.DataSourceConfiguration.create(
           "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver", "jdbc:mysql://hostname:3306/mydb",
           "username", "password")))
    // ...
 );

Did you try this? If yes, could you provide more details about your error?

—
Alexey