Hi all,

I would like to construct a Beam pipeline with Python transforms, where
different transforms use different container images, is this possible?
Browsing through the design docs for cross-language transforms, it seems
like it should in theory be possible, as each step can spawn it's own
container if I understand correctly.

Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck piecing together the concrete steps
necessary to construct such a pipeline. I was only able to find the
`--environment_config` flag, but this applies a single image to the whole
pipeline. Ideallly, this would work on the Flink runner, but I'm open to
setting up alternative runners if required for this.

The motivation behind this request is that we'd like to build a pipeline
that chains together various bits of software for processing protein
structures. These packages are either poorly packaged or have many
dependencies (or both), making it difficult to construct a single
environment that contains all of the transitive dependencies without
conflicts. It would be much nicer to be able to construct a single image
per step, and then chain these together into a unified pipeline with Beam.

Many thanks,
Kai