Sure, that would be probably the preferred way to go. For now, I'm trying to get some feedback, if there are some real-world users who might miss the API. Currently, the only value I see is that Euphoria adds an additional level of indirection for user code. The expansion goes like this:

 Euphoria Pipeline -> runtime provided translators -> vanilla Beam Pipeline -> runner

Hence code written using Euphoria extension can be modified at runtime (Pipeline construction time) using dependency injection, which brings the value that users can modify (typically optimize) Pipelines without actually modifying the business logic. On the other hand I'm not sure if this justifies the complexity of the extension. Were this the only value, it should be possible to implement such dynamic expansion either into Java SDK core or as a different light-weight extension.

 Jan