for my understanding, this seems to be a coordination case, you are
coordinating the bookkeeper clients to delete ledgers after meeting a
certain condition.

zookeeper is a good candidate to do such coordination than bookkeeper. as
bookkeeper is more focus on replication and consistency on replicated log.

does that make sense?

- Sijie