In general, reading an entry from bookie is pretty fast as most of the
index pages will be cached in memory, so it typically only needs one disk
access.

You might see evaluated latency when index pages begin swapping in and out.
So ideally I would suggest using small index page size and large memory, so
you can keep most of the index pages in memory.

- Sijie