> > We have an issue to document this feature.  At the same time, you can
> > checkout this BP for details -
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BOOKKEEPER/
> BP-17%3A+Define+BookKeeper+public+http+endpoints
> BP-17 only defines endpoints for metadata operations though, nothing
> for adding entries ledger, or even creating a ledger.
>
> Perhaps we could add these to allow simple non-java clients to be written.

I think that reading data would be simple to be implemented, both in the
HTTP API and even for a non java language (because we are using protobuf).

Writing is difficult, because the java client writer is really the core of
BookKeeper, it deals with fencing, ensemble changes....
It would be simple to write a client which pushes data to bookies but all
the LAC+fencing protocols (+ metadata management) are hard to re-implement.

Maybe the best option would be to add an HTTP API or some kind of proxy

I will be happy to see such API

Enrico