From: Sijie Guo
Date: 2018-07-12 00:40
To: user; us...@pulsar.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ack mode of individual pulsar
+users@pulsar

In the context of pulsar, when a consumer acks a message, it doesn’t remove
entries from bookkeeper. Instead, for each subscription at pulsar, pulsar
brokers use a separate ledger for storing the acknowledgments for each
subscription. When a broker receives individual acks, it writes an entry to the
cursor ledger marking that message as acknowledged, when the cursor ledgers
move beyond the data ledger, broker deletes the data ledger.

If ack failed, brokers will try to redeliver the unacked messages after acks
timeout. This is configured as ackTimeout when you construct a consumer
instance.

Hope this helps.

Sijie

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:38 AM li.peng...@zhaopin.com.cn