Il giorno mar 3 dic 2019 alle ore 11:41 <prajakta.belgu...@dell.com> ha
scritto:

> Hi Bookkeeper Team,
>

> We’re currently running into an issue where on bookie restart it is not
> able to find certain entries in ledgers and hence reads for these entries
> keep failing.
>
> In most cases, the bookie is able to recover from these errors after a
> period and things work as usual.
>
> However, in a case where all  bookies are deleted simultaneously, the
> recovery never happens and we’re stuck in a state were we see data loss.
>

> I needed to understand what is the guidance to ensure graceful termination
> of a bookie?
>
> What is the right way to handle bookie restarts?

The Bookie handles both graceful stops and machine crashes without need of
a manual operation.

> Is there an option to move a bookie to a “readonly” mode prior to shutdown
> so we can sort of switch off writes?

This is done automatically in recent BookKeeper versions (IIRC from 4.8+)

> Is auto recovery supposed to correct the missing data in a bookie post
> restart?

I suppose you run into some kind of bug,
but autorecovery will write again the missing entries on the Bookie, so it
should fix the problem. a copy of the entry must be available on another
Bookie (up and running)

> In this case the solve could be to run manual recovery every time a bookie
> restarts..

Enrico