Thanks Enrico for the quick reply, I am running this on a ubuntu and I do have
gcc as well still I am getting this error.

From: Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:05 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: mvn package is failing

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]
You need Linux or Mac
You also have to install gcc

Enrico

Il gio 19 dic 2019, 07:27
<prabhaker.sax...@dell.com<mailto:prabhaker.sax...@dell.com>> ha scritto:

Hi team,

I am working for a project which is using apache bookkeeper, I have cloned the
bookkeeper code and am following the steps to build that are given in the link
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BOOKKEEPER/Developer+Setup#DeveloperSetup-Build
 but when I am trying to build it by using mvn clean package -DskipTests, I am
getting the following error [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.5.2:nar-validate (default-nar-validate)
on project circe-checksum: Could not launch /bin/sh -c 'gcc' '--version': Error
while executing process. Cannot run program "gcc": error=2, No such file or
directory -> [Help 1] . What should I do to solve this?

Thanks,

Prabhaker Saxena