Hi Dop, you may want to look at hector as a low level cassandra client on
which you build jassandra, adding hibernate style magic etc like other ppl
have done with ORM layers on top of it.
Hector's main features include extensive jmx counters, failover and
connection pooling.
It's available for all recent versions, including 0.5.0, 0.5.1, 0.6.0 and
0.6.1