Hm... I understand that RAID0 would help to create a bigger pool for
compactions. However, it might impact read performance: if I have several
CF's (with their SSTables), random read requests for the CF files that are
on separate disks will behave nicely - however if it's RAID0 then a random
read on any file will create a random read on all of the hard disks.
Correct?

-Roland