I'm wondering why a TokenRange returned by describe_ring(keyspace) of the
thrift API just returns endpoints consisting only of an address but omits any
port information?
My first thought was, this method could be used to expose some information
about the ring structure to the client, i.e. to do some client side load
balancing. But now, I'm not sure about this anymore. Additionally, when looking
into the code, I guess the address returned as part of the TokenRange is the
address of the storage service which could differ from the thrift address,
which in turn would make the returned endpoint useless for the client.
What is the purpose of this method or respectively why is the port information
omitted?

TIA,

Carsten