Thanks for the explanation, I'll see if I can merge that into the
 http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration
and
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration_0.7

pages
Aaron

On 24 Aug, 2010,at 12:42 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@yakaz.com> wrote:

The cassandra.yaml holds general configuration of cassandra and the
schema definitions.
As of 0.7, the schema definition are not need anymore in this file as
schema can be defined
programatically. Those definition are are ignored by any node that
already have schema loaded
(hence the warning). But all the general configuration (memtable
tresholds, location of data and
commitlog dir, etc...) are still always needed. So you cannot and
should not remove the
cassandra.yaml for the classpath. But you can safely remove the part
of the file that describe the
schema (or simply ignore the warning).