Forgot to mention the version: 0.7 beta 1

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Capriolo [mailto:edlinuxg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 4:59 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cache capacity set with JConsole is lost after restart

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Viktor Jevdokimov
<viktor.jevdoki...@adform.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We're not setting cache capacity upon creation of Column Family, since the
> type and capacity is unknown at that time. By default it = 0.
>

> After Column Family has enough data and we could decide on cache type (Row
> or Key) and capacity, we connect with JConsole and set cache capacity
> manually on every node. But after Cassandra restart cache capacity is 0
> again.
>

> How to avoid losing cache capacity after restart?
>

> Viktor

Viktor,
I will assume you are using 6.X.

In 6.X changes to cache capacity through JMX are NOT saved. Use the
KeysCached and RowsCached

  <ColumnFamily Name="Super2"
                    ColumnType="Super"
                    CompareWith="UTF8Type"
                    CompareSubcolumnsWith="UTF8Type"
                    RowsCached="10000"
                    KeysCached="1111111"

Be warned the attributes are CaSe SeNSative!