Taking a look at o.a.c.s.EmbeddedCassandraService should help.

> What I would need is to have N JBoss instances; all of them have its own
> Cassandra instance and a web application writes data into the embedded DB.
> There is another JBoss instance which will use another web application to
> read data from the previously mentioned Cassandra instances.
> Is it complicated to achieve?
> Any suggestions are appreciated.

If each Cassandra instance will be on separate a node you should have
no problem embedding cassandra inside another java process.  With
JBoss and Cassandra both using JMX, there might be a few things to
trip over, but nothing insurmountable.

If you want to run multiple embedded Cassandra instances on a single
host (inside of a single parent java process or several), you are in
for a fun ride.  (Multiple Cassandras in a single process isn't
possible yet.)

Gary.