Nice and simple!

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Anastasyev [mailto:olega...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:00 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Preventing an update of a CF row

kannan chandrasekaran <ckannanck <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi All,I have a query regarding the insert operation. The insert operation by
default  inserts an new row or updates an existing row. Is it possible to
prevent an update but allow only inserts automatically  ( especially when
multiple clients are writing to cassandra)?  I was wondering if there is any
flag in cassandra that will validate this for me automatically ( something like
unique key constraint) ? If not, is it non-trivial to implement this ? Any
suggestions would be helpful.ThanksKannan

Always specify some constant value for timestamp. Only 1st insertion with that
timestamp will succeed. Others will be ignored, because will be considered
duplicates by cassandra.