There's not a lot of useful information in that error.

Cassandra consumes the stack trace and any exceptions underneath that
cause the error instantiating the snitch.  I've created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1682 so we can include
a full stack trace.

In the meantime, I'd say that classpath is the likely culprit.

Gary.