That's a good question, Bill.

The data that I'm trying to store begins as a simple point.  But, moving fo=
rward, it will become more like complex geometries.  I assume that I can si=
mply create a JSON-like object and insert it.  Which, for now, that works. =
 I'm just wondering if theres a typical / publicly accepted standard of sto=
ring somewhat complex spatial data in Cassandra.

Additionally, I would like to figure out how one goes about slicing on large
spatial data sets given situations where, for instance, I would like to get
all the points in a column-family where the point is within a shape.  I
guess it boils down to using a spatial comparator of some sort, but I
haven't seen one, yet.

 - Sean

--
Sean | M (206) 962-7954 | GV (760) 624-8718