Hello,

I'm currently doing my masters project. I need to store lots of time series
data of any type (String, int, booleans, arrays of the previous) with a high
writing rate(20MBytes/sec -> 170TBytes/year - note not running continuously)
but less strict read requirements. This is monitoring data from a vast
distributed network. The queries will be something like: give me this data
between Time1 and Time2.

The hardware that I have available is between 2 and 5 hosts.

Questions:

                   Should I use Cassandra?

                   Suggestions of how to structure the data? (I read
Cloudkick's blog
https://www.cloudkick.com/blog/2010/mar/02/4_months_with_cassandra/ but I
found that it doesn't give too much detail)

Any help is much appreciated,

Alex