Ruslan, I'm not sure exactly what risks you are referring to -- can you be
more specific?

Do the CPU-intensive operations one at a time, including doing the cleanup
when it will not interfere with other operations, and I think you should be
fine, from my understanding.

   1. Start the new nodes in staggered fashion, allowing at least two
   minutes between each node startup for the gossip protocol to perform
   important inter-node communication. You can monitor the startup and data
   streaming process to its completion using *nodetool
netstats*<http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/utilities/nodetool#nodetool-streams>
   .
   2. After the new nodes are fully bootstrapped, run nodetool move
   <new_token> on each existing node, one node at a time, where <new_token>
   is the value you calculated for the node. Only the first node in the ring,
   whose token value is zero, does not need to be moved.

   1. Run *nodetool
cleanup*<http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/utilities/nodetool#nodetool-cleanup>on
each of the previously existing nodes to remove the keys no longer
   belonging to those nodes. This operation is as disk-intensive as a major
   compaction, so run only one cleanup command at a time. Cleanup may be safely
   postponed for low-usage hours.