I think my problem is that I don't want to remember to run read repair. I
want to know from cassandra that I "need" to run repair "now". This seems
like a important functionality that need to be there. I don't really want to
find out hard way that I forgot to run "repair" :)

Say Node A, B, C. Now A is inconsistent and needs repair. Now Node B goes
down. Even with Quorum this will fail read and write. There could be other
scenarios. Looks like repair is critical commands that is expected to be
run, but "when"? Saying once within GCGraceSeconds might be ok for some but
not for everyone where we want bring all nodes in sync ASAP.