James: I feel like I understand what's going on in your code now based on
this discussion, and I'm ok with the fact that DURING a QW you can get
"transitional" results from a QR in another process (or either the before or
after state of the QW).  But once the QW succeeds, you must get the new
value.  That's what we're all saying now, right?  In your "read, read, read"
case, all 3 reads are happening during a QW, and some of them see the
"before" and some of them see the "after" (that's why I specifically said
single threaded, not because it's a single thread per se, but because a
single thread can't read during a write by definition).

will

--
Will Oberman
Civic Science, Inc.