On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Xaero S <xaeros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You just need to use the update column family command on the cassandra-cli
> and specify the columns and their metadata. To get the metadata of the
> columns in the CF, you can do describe keyspace <keyspacename>. Keep in mind
> that, in your update CF command, the other columns that must continue to
> have the secondary index must be specified, otherwise, your data goes bad.

Thank you.

> Request the community to correct me if i am wrong.

I will just wait for a little confirmation if someone has tried it.

For these built-in secondary indexes, another Column Family is created
behind the scenes, isn't it? Will that be automatically dropped when I
update the column meta data to drop an index and keep others?

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/