It is possible to change IP address of a node, background
http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/change-node-IP-address-td6197607.html

If you have already bought a new node back with a different IP and the nodes in
the cluster have different views of the ring (nodetool ring) you should see
http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/troubleshooting/index#view-of-ring-differs-between-some-nodes

What version are you on and what does nodetool ring say?

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton