What version and what were the values for RecentBloomFilterFalsePositives and
BloomFilterFalsePositives ?

The bloom filter metrics are updated in SSTableReader.getPosition() the only
slightly odd thing I can see is that we do not count a key cache hit a a true
positive for the bloom filter. If there were a lot of key cache hits and a few
false positives the ratio would be wrong. I'll ask around, does not seem to
apply to Hectors case though.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer