Anurag,

The Cassandra ring spans datacenters, so you can't use token 0 on both
nodes. Cassandra’s ring is from 0 to 2**127 in size.

Try assigning one node the token of 0 and the second node 8.50705917 × 10^37
(input this as a single long number).

To add a new keyspace in 0.8, run this from the CLI:
create keyspace KEYSPACENAME with placement_strategy =
org.apache.Cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy' and strategy_options =
[{replication_factor:2}];

If using 0.7, run "help create keyspace;" from the CLI and it'll show you
the correct syntax.

More info on tokens:
http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2010/09/24/cassandra-token-selection/
<http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2010/09/24/cassandra-token-selection/>