Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reminder. I've found out the solution myself, and I share it
here:

KeyspaceDefinition keyspaceDefinition = cluster.describeKeyspace(KEYSPACE);
ColumnFamilyDefinition cdf = keyspaceDefinition.getCfDefs().get(0);

BasicColumnFamilyDefinition columnFamilyDefinition = new
BasicColumnFamilyDefinition(cdf);

BasicColumnDefinition bcdf = new BasicColumnDefinition();
bcdf.setName(StringSerializer.get().toByteBuffer("birthyear"));
bcdf.setIndexName("birthyearidx");
bcdf.setIndexType(ColumnIndexType.KEYS);
bcdf.setValidationClass(ComparatorType.LONGTYPE.getClassName());

columnFamilyDefinition.addColumnDefinition(bcdf);

cluster.updateColumnFamily(new ThriftCfDef(columnFamilyDefinition));

--
Dikang Gu
0086 - 18611140205