Hi all!

Assuming a node ends up in GC land for a while, there is a good chance that
even though it performs terribly and the dynamic snitching will help you to
avoid it on the gossip side, it will not really help you much if thrift
still accepts requests and the thrift interface has choppy performance.

This makes me wonder if it is a potential idea with thrift only client mode
nodes.

I don't think I have seen that this exists today (or is it possible that I
have missed a way to configure that?), but it does not seem like a very hard
thing to make and could maybe be good in some usage patterns for the
datanode as well as the thrift side.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Terje