I haven't done it yet, but when I researched how to make
geo-diverse/failover DCs, I figured I'd have to do something like RF=6,
strategy = {DC1=3, DC2=3}, and LOCAL_QUORUM for reads/writes.  This gives
you an "ack" after 2 local nodes do the read/write, but the data eventually
gets distributed to the other DC for a full failover.  No "ying-yang", but I
believe accomplishes the same goal?

will

--
Will Oberman