Ok, I see the "you happen to choose the 'right' node" idea, but it sounds
like you want to solve "C* problems" in the client, and they already wrote
that complicated code to make clients simple.   You're talking about
reimplementing key<->node mappings, network topology (with failures), etc...
 Plus, if they change something about replication and you get too tricky,
your code breaks.  Or, if they optimize something, you might not benefit.