On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 21:52 +0200, Patrik Modesto wrote:
> I'm not sure about 0.8.x and 0.7.9 (to be released today with your
> patch) but 0.7.8 will fail even with RF>1 when there is Hadoop
> TaskTracer without local Cassandra. So increasing RF is not a
> solution.

This isn't true (or not the intention).

If you increase RF then yes the task will fail but it will get re-run on
the next replica. So the job takes longer but should still work.

~mck

--
"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for
complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the

| http://semb.wever.org | http://sesat.no |
| http://tech.finn.no   | Java XSS Filter |