Does not matter to much but are you looking to get all the columns for some
know keys (get_slice, multiget_slice) ? Or are you getting the columns for keys
within a range (get_range_slices)?

If you provide do a reversed query the server will skip to the "end" of the
column range.  Here is some info I wrote about how the the different slice
predicates work http://thelastpickle.com/2011/07/04/Cassandra-Query-Plans/

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer