why?

I thought bigger young gen would allow more objects to die (become
non-reachable) before  minor collection, so the minor collection cost
is low. particularly it would allow you to merge more updates and not
consume memory (since old objects are released on GC)

bigger old gen would allow you to accumulate more rows into your
memtable, so you can avoid
later compaction cost.

if not giving it to heap, then it's a choice between os buffer and
cassandra row cache. I think row cache is definitely better since you
avoid the cost of serializing/deserializing; well this is assuming
that your access pattern is random though, otherwise OS cache has the
benefit of spacial locality (it loads blocks at once instead of a
single row).

thanks
Yang