Clearing snapshots on Windows with nodetool sometimes fails.
The reason is because the snapshot files hardlinks into corresponding files in the data directory. When compaction runs, most of the files are merged and the corresponding snapshot files can be deleted but often .e.g. the secondary index files isn't compacted. If one of those undeletable files is the first in the loop to be deleted then the whole clear snapshot fails, and "deletable" files in the snapshot isn't deleted. I guess all files in data directory is eventually compacted and will then be eligible for deletion but would this be problem if we have seldom updated column family that wont be compacted very often? Is this considered a bug or is it something that won't be fixed due to the way Windows handles hard links?

Regards
/Fredrik