I want to save time series event logs into Cassandra, and I need to load
them by key range (row key is time-based). But we can't use
RandomPartitioner in this way, while OrderPreservingPartitioner leads to
hot spot problem.

So I wonder why Cassandra save SSTable by sorted row tokens instead of
keys: if rows in SSTable are sorted by keys, it should be quite easy to
return rows by key range -- token should be used to determine which node
contains the data. For key range requests, Cassandra could ask every node
for that range of rows, merge them and return to the caller.

--
regards,
Gary Shi