Hi Dominique,

I don't think there is a way to run cassandra without disk storage. But running it embedded can be very useful for unit testing. I'm using cassandra-unit (https://github.com/jsevellec/cassandra-unit) to integrate it in my tests. You don't need to configure any file paths; it works fine out of the box.

I've set it up to drop and recreate my keyspace before each test case, and even then it performs quite good.

Good luck,
Tom