Hi,

I am using cassandra-jdbc driver and following is my code snip written for
delete a entry from column family.

String query1 = "delete from USER where key=?";
PreparedStatement stmt = con.prepareStatement(query1);
stmt.setString(1, "dinusha");
stmt.execute();

But I am getting following exception when it executes.

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: line 1:27 *no viable alternative at
character '?'*
at
org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraStatement.doExecute(CassandraStatement.java:173)
at
org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraStatement.executeUpdate(CassandraStatement.java:230)
at
org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(CassandraPreparedStatement.java:273)

This is not only with delete statement, I have experience this with UPDATE
statement as well.

Greatly appreciate if anyone can advice to overcome this problem?

Regards,
~Dinusha~