(not trolling) but do you have any ideas on how ?

The token produced by the partitioner is used as the key in the distributed
hash table so we can map keys to nodes, and evenly distribute load.  If the
range of tokens for the DHT are infinite it's difficult to evenly map them to a
finite set of nodes.

So…

If you know that the number of DHT keys (and so row keys) are finite then it is
easier to use the BOP.

Or if you know that the row keys are something like a time series you could use
the sort of approach used with Horizontal Partitioning in a RDBMS and run a
sliding window of nodes. Every month drop the oldest partition / node off the
end and add a new one for the next month.

Just some thoughts.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton