(Radim:  I'm assuming you mean "do not delete already deleted columns" as
Ross doesn't delete his rows.)

Just to be clear about Ross' situation:  he continually inserts columns and
later deletes columns from the same set of rows.  As long as he *doesn't* *keep
deleting already-deleted columns* (which refreshes the tombstone on them),
the deleted columns *should* get cleaned up, right?  (Even though the row
itself continually gets new columns inserted and other columns deleted?)

Thanks,
John