The hive support is going to be integrated into the main source tree with this
ticket:
You can go to https://github.com/riptano/hive to find the
CassandraStorageHandler right now though.

For 1.0.8, the CassandraStorage class for the Pig support was still in
contrib/pig in the Cassandra source download.  For 1.1, as you found, it was
integrated into the main source tree for Cassandra alongside the rest of the
hadoop related classes.