I was thinking of a CF with many many rows with id, type, latitude and
longitude (indexed), and do geolocation queries: type=all and lat < 43 and
lat >42.9 and lon < 7.3 and lon > 7.2

where all rows have type=all
(at least try how Cassandra deals with that)
So it seems it's not a good idea, to use Cassandra like that?

There's also the possibly to do in parallel, other CF, with latitude in
rows, that will be sorted, so an indexed query can give us the right
latidue range, and then just query with logitude < and >

What do you think of that

thanks