Hi all,
Was there a change of behaviour in multiget_slice query in Cassandra or Hector between 0.7 and 1.1 when dealing with a key that doesn't exist?

We've just upgraded and our in memory unit test is failing (although just on my machine). The test code is looking for a key that doesn't exist and expects to get null. Instead it gets a ColumnSlice with a single column called val. If there were something there then we'd expect columns with names like bytes, int or string. Other rows in the column family have those columns as well as val.

Is there a reason for this behaviour?
I'd like to see if there was an explanation before I change the unit test for it.

Many thanks in advance,
Edward

--

Edward Sargisson

senior java developer
Global Relay

edward.sargis...@globalrelay.net <mailto:edward.sargis...@globalrelay.net>

*866.484.6630*
New York | Chicago | Vancouver | London (+44.0800.032.9829) | Singapore (+65.3158.1301)

Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.

Ask about *Global Relay Message* <http://www.globalrelay.com/services/message>*--- *The Future of Collaboration in the Financial Services World

*
*All email sent to or from this address will be retained by Global Relay's email archiving system. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Global Relay will not be liable for any compliance or technical information provided herein. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.