Hi !
We got into schema disagreement situation on 1.0.10 having 250GB of compressed
data per node.

Following
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#schema_disagreement
after node restart looks like it is replaying all schema changes one be one ,
right ?
As we did a lot of them during cluster lifetime, now node is busy creating
long time ago dropped secondary indexes which looks like gonna take hours.
Can it be done faster ?

1. Can we move all data SStables out of data/*/ directories,
2. follow FAQ#schema_disagreement (it should be faster on no data node) until
we reach schema agreement.
3. Than stop cassandra,
4. Copy files back.
5. Start cassandra.

Will it work ?

Extra option is to disable thrift during above process (can it be done in
config ? In cassandra.yaml rpc_port: 0 ? )

Thanks in advance for any hints, regards,

--
Mateusz Korniak