Hi Folks,

I'm coming up with a set of decision criteria on when to chose traditional
RDBMS vs various  NoSQL options.
So one aspect is the  application requirements around Consistency,
Availability, Partition Tolerance, Scalability, Data Modeling etc. These can be
decided at a theoretical level.

Once we are sure we need NoSQL, to effectively benchmark the performance around
use-cases or application workloads, we need a standard method.
Some tools are specific to a database like cassandra's stress tool.The only
tool I could find which seems to compare across NoSQL databases, and can be
extended and is freely available is YCSB.

Is YCSB updated for latest versions of cassandra and hbase? Does it work for
Datastax enterprise? Is it regularly updated for new versions of NoSQL
databases, or is this something we would need to take up as a development
effort?

Are there any shortcomings to using YCSB- and would it be preferable to develop
own tool for performance benchmarking of NoSQL systems. Do share your thoughts.

Regards,
Roshni

solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error destroy it immediately. *** Walmart Confidential
***