If you didn't see this particular section, you may find it useful:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/operations/cluster_management#adding-a-data-center-to-a-cluster

Some comments inline:

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Bryce Godfrey <bryce.godf...@azaleos.com>wrote:

>  We are in the process of building out a new DR system in another Data
> Center, and we want to mirror our Cassandra environment to that DR.  I have
> a couple questions on the best way to do this after reading the
> documentation on the Datastax website.  We didn’t initially plan for this
> to be a DR setup when first deployed a while ago due to budgeting, but now
> we need to.  So I’m just trying to nail down the order of doing this as
> well as any potential issues.****
>
> ** **
>
> For the nodes, we don’t plan on querying the servers in this DR until we
> fail over to this data center.   We are going to have 5 similar nodes in
> the DR, should I join them into the ring at token+1?

Join them at token+10 just to leave a little space.  Make sure you're using
LOCAL_QUORUM for your queries instead of regular QUORUM.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> All keyspaces are set to the replication strategy of SimpleStrategy.  Can
> I change the replication strategy after joining the new nodes in the DR to
> NetworkTopologyStategy with the updated replication factor for each dr?

Switch your keyspaces over to NetworkTopologyStrategy before adding the new
nodes.  For the strategy options, just list the first dc until the second
is up (e.g. {main_dc: 3}).

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Lastly, is changing snitch from default of SimpleSnitch to
> RackInferringSnitch going to cause any issues?  Since its in the
> Cassandra.yaml file I assume a rolling restart to pick up the value would
> be ok?

This is the first thing you'll want to do.  Unless your node IPs would
naturally put all nodes in a DC in the same rack, I recommend using
PropertyFileSnitch, explicitly using the same rack.  (I tend to prefer
PFSnitch regardless; it's harder to accidentally mess up.)  A rolling
restart is required to pick up the change.  Make sure to fill out
cassandra-topology.properties first if using PFSnitch.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>