Hi All!

I have a problem with using cassandra. Our application does a lot of
overwrites and deletes. If I understand correctly cassandra does not
actually delete these objects until gc_grace seconds have passed. I tried
to "force" gc by setting gc_grace to 0 on an existing column family and
running major compaction afterwards. However I did not get disk space back,
although I'm pretty much sure that my column family should occupy many
times fewer space. We have also a PostgreSQL db and we duplicate each
operation with data in both dbs. And the PosgreSQL table is much more
smaller than the corresponding cassandra's column family. Does anyone have
any suggestions on how can I analyze my problem? Or maybe I'm doing
something wrong and there is another way to force gc on an existing column
family.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander