So what solution should be for cassandra architecture when we need to make
Hadoop M\R jobs and not be restricted by number of CF?
What we have now is fair amount of CFs  (> 2K) and this number is slowly
growing so we already planing to merge partitioned CFs. But our next goal is to
run hadoop tasks on those CFs. All we have is plain Hector and custom ORM on
top of it. As far as i understand VirtualKeyspace doesn't help in our case.
Also i dont understand why not implement support for many CF ( or build-in
partitioning ) on cassandra side. Anybody can explain why this can or cannot be
done in cassandra?

Just in case:
We're using cassandra 1.0.11 on 30 nodes (planning upgrade on 1.1.* soon).

--
W/ best regards,
Sergey.