Hello all,

Currently we implement wide rows for most of our entities. For example:

user {
 event1=>x
 event2=>y
 event3=>z
}

Normally the entires are bounded to be less then 256 columns and most
columns are small in size say 30 bytes. Because the blind write nature
of Cassandra it is possible the column family can get much larger. We
have very low latency requirements for example say less then (5ms).

Considering network rountrip and all other factors I am wondering what
is the largest column that is possible in a 5ms window on a GB
network.  First we have our thrift limits 15MB, is it possible even in
the best case scenario to deliver a 15MB response in under 5ms on a
GigaBit ethernet for example? Does anyone have any real world numbers
with reference to package sizes and standard performance?

Thanks all,
Edward