I ran into a different problem with Row cache recently, sent a message to
the list, but it didn't get picked up.  I am hoping someone can help me
understand the issue.  Our data also has rather wide rows, not necessarily
in the thousands range, but definitely in the upper-hundreds levels.   They
are hosted in v1.1.1.   I was doing a performance test and enabled off-heap
row cache of 1GB for each of our cassandra node (each node has at least
16GB of memory).   The test code was requesting a fixed set of 5000 rows
from the cluster and ran a few times, but using nodetool info,  the row
cache hit rate was very low, and a few of the nodes had 0 hits despite the
row cache was full.

so what i was trying to understand is how the row cache can be full but
with 0 hits?